Online schools are a great way for you to either finish your degree on a flexible schedule or apply to earn degrees online after you graduate from high school. By choosing online schools over traditional universities and colleges, you can keep your day job, earn online college degrees at your own pace and work your way toward a more prosperous and fulfilling career. Plus, online schools are generally less expensive all-around because you don’t have to pay a premium for out-of-state tuition, dorms or costs for commuting.
Another great way to fast-track online college degrees and keep tuition costs to a minimum is to register and take College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) tests that can earn you credits toward degrees online. CLEP tests essentially provide students of all ages the opportunity to test out of required courses for their degrees online. So, if you have taken AP math or English courses in high school, learned course work through independent study, or have taken professional development courses similar to classes required for the online schools you have applied to, you can take CLEP exams to easily earn those credits
Over 2,900 colleges and online schools grant credits for passing CLEP exams currently.
That means it is easier than ever to find online schools that can help you save time and money on the road to graduation. Here is how to get started:
- Find a CLEP testing center near you. You can do this through a search online or by using the phone book. Some CLEP testing centers are located on college campuses and only allow their students to take tests there (these are called “limited test centers”), and some are only for military personnel (called “military-friendly test centers”. So, you will need to make sure that you have located one that allows you to test there for the online schools you have applied to.
- Register for the CLEP tests that can help you complete your college education online. Most tests that count towards online college degrees will cost about $65 in addition to administration fees.
- If you need special accommodations due to a physical or learning disability, contact the CLEP testing center directly to make sure they can accommodate you.
- Start your CLEP preparations. You should not take these tests lightly since they are helping you earn fast online degrees and saving you a great deal of money. You can request study guides either directly from the CLEP testing center or your specific college online to help you prepare.
- Sign up for the CLEP tests you would like to take and then complete the exams in the time allotted. An instant score report will be provided so you know whether you passed and can use your test score to earn credits toward your online college degrees.
- If you did not indicate which college online your scores should be sent to (or if you have not decided which college online you will attend yet), you will need to request a transcript with your test scores be sent to the school so you can receive your credits.
Earning a college education online is easier than ever and CLEP testing is a great way to help you achieve fast online degrees that will increase your earnings potential and improve your future career opportunities.