Many people are interested in earning a postsecondary education, but are hesitant to look into online college options. Traditional schools have scrutinized internet-based schools for years, claiming that the quality of education is incomparable. However, a number of people have graduated from online colleges and found success with their degrees. Internet-based courses provide individuals with the opportunity to work at their own pace. This leaves room for flexibility that may otherwise not be available at a traditional school. For working professionals who have families and full-time jobs, an open schedule can help them maintain their daily responsibilities. The cost of attending an online college can also be cheaper than a traditional school.
For people who are still on the fence about enrolling in an online college, there are a number of notable celebrities who have graduated from these schools. Celebrities are known for living busy lives, meaning their success has the potential to inspire other working professionals to reach their goal of earning a degree. These are a few of the many famous college graduates who obtained a postsecondary education online.
- Shaquille O’Neal. This seven-foot NBA player made the decision to leave college prior to obtaining his degree, but vowed to return to school at some point to finish his postsecondary education. Four NBA championships later, O’Neal is now a renowned all-star and the holder of a bachelor’s degree in general studies, which he achieved through online education. O’Neal earned his bachelor’s degree in 2000, and eventually obtained a master’s degree in business administration in 2005. In the future, the NBA player says he would like to work toward a PhD in psychology.
- Ice Cube. The rapper, also known as O’Shea Jackson, has spent a majority of his career in the music industry since debuting on the scene in the early 1990s. After creating gold and platinum albums, Ice Cube eventually moved onto acting, but education remained a priority despite his busy schedule. Through online classes, the rapper has been working toward a degree in architectural drafting.
- Ashley Judd. The actress is most notable for her work in the films, “Kiss the Girls” and “Double Jeopardy,” along with her famous family. Ashley is the daughter of country music singer, Naomi Judd. However, the actress has put in a valiant effort to make earning a postsecondary education a goal while living in the spotlight. Judd is known for enrolling in Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, but she earned a degree in French through the University of Phoenix, an online education institution.
- Hilary Duff. The young actress made a name for herself through the Lizzie McGuire television show, but eventually moved on to the silver screen. Duff is known for her roles in “Cheaper By The Dozen” and “The Lizzie McGuire Movie,” but one of her less known achievements is her postsecondary education. Currently, the busy actress is taking online courses to obtain additional training that could help her in her entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Hunter Tylo. Many people have watched Tylo on shows, such as “All My Children,” “Days of Our Lives” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.” However, a number of soap fans are unaware of Tylo’s efforts to earn a postsecondary education. Currently, the daytime television actress is expanding upon her pre-law background and pursuing a master’s degree in business administration through a series of online courses.
- Lisa Leslie. The four-time Olympic gold medalist is known of her work on the court as a dominant basketball player, but she is also the owner of a bachelor’s degree in communication. To further her education, Leslie recently opted to take online courses to earn a master’s degree in business administration.